- 4 x 2cm/¾in thick cuts of pork loin, with some fat still intact
- 1 bunch of thyme, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 lemons, zested
- black pepper
For the salad
- 1kg/2¼lb whole broad beans, blanched (double peeled if large, or just shelled if small and soft)
- ½ tin butter beans, drained
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 lemons, juice only
- 1 bunch fresh basil, torn
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 bunches fresh rocket, dressed in olive oil
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
For the salad, combine the beans with the onions, torn basil and finely chopped parsley.
Squeeze in the juice of 1 lemon and a couple of lugs of extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Set aside until ready to serve with the pork.
For the pork, get your butcher to bash out the loins and sprinkle with the thyme, garlic, lemon zest and black pepper.
Grill on a barbecue or under a hot grill until cooked to your liking.
Place the escalopes in a bowl and squeeze over the remaining lemon juice and olive oil. Serve plated with salad and rocket scattered over.