For the dry marinade
- 1 tbsp finely chopped thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 lemons, finely grated zest
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp oregano
- 4 pork escalopes, 2cm/1in thick with a little fat left on the meat
For the salad
- 350g/12oz French beans, tailed, blanched, and refreshed
- 150g/5½oz canned butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1½ handfuls loosely packed basil leaves, roughly torn
- 2 tbsp chopped flatleaf parsley
- For the dressing
- 2½ tbsp olive oil
- 2 lemons, juice only
- freshly ground black pepper
- 100g/3½oz loosely packed wild rocket
To make the dry marinade, combine the thyme, garlic, zest, black pepper and oregano.
Sprinkle over the pork and leave to stand for 15 minutes.
To make the salad, boil the French beans for 2-3 minutes, strain, and run under cold water until chilled.
Combine with the butter beans, onion, basil and parsley.
To make the dressing, mix two tablespoons of the olive oil with half the lemon juice, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Pour half over the salad and toss lightly. Pour the remaining half over the rocket leaves and toss to coat.
Brush a preheated grill plate with oil and grill the pork, about one minute per side.
Remove from the grill plate and squeeze with the remaining lemon juice.
Pile the bean salad in the centre of four serving plates.
Top with an escalope of pork, then scatter the rocket over the top.